Wednesday, May 5, 2010

2010/05/01 Day 15 part 2

Odd quest interns,

As I mentioned, The Angel of Surreality is traveling with us offering up moments of almost impossible visions. Yesterday presented another one of these bonuses.

My day was mostly solitary as I had the Missions pretty much to myself. There were a few other visitors but due to the scale of these monuments, there was little crossing of paths. I was in full curiosity and photography mode. I peeked around many corners and looked for interesting angles among the photo-ops. It was very hot but the light was wonderful and especially in the interior spaces and sheltered areas. Anyway, as I was mesmerized by the history and magic of Mission San Jose while taking shots along this open corridor, I looked into a courtyard and saw something there was no way I could have anticipated..........


At this point, slowly scroll down to photo #1 and you will see what I saw..... 

Then return for a few more comments.

Apparently this vision of other world loveliness was part of a photo shoot of some sort. Maybe for the shoes, make-up, hair or the model herself. Who knows? So, in a clandestine manner, I took advantage of the moment. The photographers had no idea I was peeking from the side. The model did and smiled my way a couple of times. They posed, changed, moved the reflector and I clicked away. Got a few pretty good shots; oh for my bigger camera but I had to be very quick so this was probably best. As the group moved out to another location, while passing by the model said "Bet your shots are better; cool angle." Stating the obvious, this was not a scene that even oft weird Rodney could have imagined among the ruins. Way cool! Now that was surreal - Susan called it "Juxtaposing Virgins." 

See a few more below. I did not have time to download them all. Enjoy.

Grateful for the Angels,

Rodney
 

No comments:

Post a Comment